- Intercon makes the list for top facebook page
- Intercon's Rapid Growth featured in Modesto Bee
- Intercon and CEO Brian Brundage featured in Green Manufacturer Magazine and Online
- Federal guidelines needed and Intercon Solutions leading the way - Platts
- Financial News Network and Intercon Solutions
- CEO, Brian Brundage featured on the Epodcastnetwork.com
- Intercon Solutions featured in Adweek
- Intercon Solutions compared to Google and Facebook - MSNBC
- Intercon CEO featured on MSN Careers and Career Builder
- Bit By Bit - Intercon Solutions featured in Recycling Today.
- Intercon Solutions featured on Save my Planet, part of the Live Well National HD Network
- Intercon featured in "This week in Chicago" Time Out Chicago
- Earth911 - What really happens to your ewaste
- Computer User - THE RESPONSIBLE LEADER IN e-WASTE RECYCLING
- Intercon Solutions featured in The Wall Street Journal
- Illinois Passes Lofty E-cycling Legislation
- SkinInc: Intercon Solutions is greening the spa and salon industry
- Maximum PC - The Story of E-Waste and Intercon Solutions
- CBS - Protect against Identity Theft with Intercon Solutions
- ABC Live Green with Hosea Sanders “Truly Green Recycling – Intercon Solutions”
- Recycling Today - Intercon recycles EPS, foam and light gauge plastics
- Intercon Solutions featured speaker at Upcoming Indiana Recycling Coalition Conference
- Spring Cleaning with Intercon Solutions - in Computer User
- Intercon Uses Reverse Engineering to Recycle Styrofoam
- Are You in the Pallet or the Recycling Business? Introducing E-Recycling: The Fastest Growing Segment of the Recycling Industry
- Company designs machine to recycle polystyrene
- MSPAlliance Launches E-Recycling Program for Global Membership
- ABC Action News - Intercon Processes for green awareness and e-waste recycling drive
- Investors Business Daily - Leaders & Success - Intercon Solutions
- Chicago Tonight /WTTW Channel 11 - Intercon Solutions processing for the manufacturing industry
- Deborah’s Place 2010
- Recycling Today.com – Intercon Solutions Receives OHSAS 18001 Certification
- TBO.com – Recycling electronics today
- Intercon Solutions goes to the forefront of Safety
- WGN – DTV Transition Special - Recycling
- Tossing out your old TV, Properly
- Intercon takes giant steps to save the environment
- Intercon Representative Ossie Ally Helps Innisbrook Go Green on Fox 13
- The Recycling Newspaper – American Recycler features Intercon Solutions
- International Herald Tribune / Global Edition of the New York Times / Featured Top Processor - Intercon Solutions
- The Green Way to Throw out E-Waste, NBC National Evening News with Brian Williams
- Chicago Tribune - Old ways of destroying electronic waste are being thrown out
- TV Recycling that is good for environment. ABC 7 - Chicago
- Top Processor Intercon Solutions recycles for Wisconsin
- Computer Clean Up – E-cycling Near You
- SouthTown Star - Intercon handles E-Waste Spring Clean Up Event
- Star Tribune - Minnesota / Intercon is a solution
- Shape Magazine - Green is the new pretty
- Label it: The Earth Day Challenge – Whitley County
- Schererville Community News – What do I do with my old electronics?
- Chicago SunTimes.com - Intercon Solutions nominated for Innovation Award
- Discovery Channel - Things we love to hate
- Chicago Sun Times August 2007
- Intercon Solutions Plans Program to Raise Environmental Awareness
- The News Tribune.com - Every speck of your trash is this company's treasure
- American Recycler - A Closer Look
Today - Disassembly Line
- The Today Show with Lester Holt
- Interactive Media - It's Not Easy Being Green
- May 11th, 2007 - WYCC-TV
- The Norman Transcript.com - Chicago Heights recycler reverses manufacturing
- A Handbook for Earth Friendly Living by Crissy Trask - It's Easy Being Green
- Columbia Tribune.com - Electronics recycler stays ahead of U.S. curve
- Chicago Business.com - On the Other End
of the Line
- Waste News.com - Intercon
Solutions names Travis Griggs wireless recycling chief
- Recycling Today?s Plastics
Recycling Conference - Electronic Recovery
- Electronic waste piling up in
Illinois, around the world
- Office and Commercial Real Estate Magazine - Recycling Electronics
- The Business Connection
- A Message from the President
- We Recycle Aluminum Cans, Plastic; Why Not Cell
- Intercon Solutions to Update Facility
- Firm turns recycling practices up a notch
- Fermilab "Best in Class"
for Program to Reduce E-waste
- Public Works Magazine - The cost of e-waste
- Electronics recycling
- Recycling e-waste
- Crain's Chicago Business
- Stamp of approval
- Chicago Sun-Times
- P.C. PC disposal
Tech Magazine - Forgotten, But Not Gone
- First Business
- Profit from Old PC's
Today - Intercon Solutions adds plant
- The Star
- Electronic recycler expands with move to Chicago
- Chicago Sun-Times
- De-Lightful Move
- Solid Waste & Recycling
- Intercon Solutions moves US plant
- Waste News.com - Illinois
e-waste recycler moves to new facility, expands capacity
- Electronics Recycler Opens New Facility
Security & Product Destruction News - Electronics
- ICCM Weekly
- Environmental CRM: Toward a Corporate "Recycling
Mindset" for Retired Assets
- UPI Technology
News - Old mobile phones a hazard
- Red Streak - Old PCs
not just high-tech landfill fodder
- Norton E-Zine - Are
Recycled PCs Harming the Earth?
Electronics Recycling Newsletter
- Tin Technology
- Making a business out of e-waste
- Recycle Electronic Waste
- Intercon Solutions Launches Online Electronics Recycling
- High Tech Trash
- Waste News - E-recycling
Industry Continues Evolution
- Crain's Chicago
Business - Intercon Solutions Recycling Division
- Business Xpansion
Journal - Recycling Old Computers?
- The Star Newspaper
- Donate or recycle those old computers
- Computer Dealer
News - Canada's e-waste problem needs a cleanup
News - Where old servers go to die
- An intimate look at being "green"
- Brian Brundage, CEO
Leaders & Success
IBD´s 10 Secrets to SUccess
Investor´s Business Daily has spent years analysing leaders and successful people in all walks of life. Most have 10 traits that, when combined, can turn dreams into reality. Each day, we highlight one.
Dig Up Earthy Solutions
Don´t throw anything away. That´s sustainability in its simplest form. Experts say achieving it is an exercise in gathering new data and solving old problems. How they do it:
Go to extremes. When he took the helm of Chicago-based Intercon Solutions in 200, Brian Brundage committed the computer demanufacturing firm to zero landfill tolerance. "We take (a computer) apart by hand to all of its original components," the CEO told IBD. "We don´t shred, and we don´t resell components" such as hard drives.
Intercon´s ability to recycle a computer and make its data disappear attracts security-conscious clients like banks and government agencies. "We have a unique service that is exactly what they need," he said.
Listen to them. Customers at Cisco Systems told Brundage the environmental gold standard rating - the ISO 14001 - was a must. So he completed the tedious process of achieving it. "They´re a big companies too," Brundage said. "We´re very client-centric. We´ve kind envolved into the company our clients wanted us to evolve into."
Mind the finer points. Pennsylvania-based Nicos Polymers Group recovered and reprocessed 90 million pounds of plastic scrap for reuse by manyfacturers last year. Closing the loop on post-industrial plastics takes a high-tech approach.
"When we walk people through our plant, they invariably say, `I had no idea it was that complicated,´" CEO Kevin Cronin told IBD.
It also takes know-how on such mundance issues as minimizing the cost of tranporting tons of plastic.
"The devil´s always in the details," Cronin said. "There´s a great deal of technological and business acumen that goes into a business like this."
Teach´em. "One of the challenges we face is the lack of knowledge among our clients of what the possibilities are," Cronin said.
So Nicos Polymers Group recently formed an Innovative Sustainability Solutions division to help clients achieve environmental goals.
"The idea is to overcome the paradigms of what can and cannot be done," Cronin said. "It requires a very holistic approach."
A firm that pays to send unusable materials to landfills might discover it can spend a little less by changing its manufacturing process to make that same material recyclable.
"That´s when the economics begin to make a lot of sense," Cronin said. "If you can´t show a positive economic impact, (these projects) can become nonstarters."
Criticize by creating. Entrepreneurs who build sustainable businesses don´t just decry bad practices; they also devise better ones.
So says "Be the SOlution" author Michael Strong. He co-founded FLOW Inc. with Whole Foods Market CEO John Mackey to bring together a "tribe of people who are more focused on the entrepreneurial solutions than they are on political debate," Strong told IBD.
The organization´s members network, educate and collaborate on problems like global sustainability.
"We are seeing more crativity than ever before," Strong said. "At the end of the day, you can create a business that will change things."
CLICK HERE TO GO BACK TO OUR PRESS PAGE**
Please choose a sub-topic below for further information: